At last! I’ve got my Merry Patterns stamp set (the one you can still get for FREE this month).
Isn’t it always the way? Now that I’ve got it and can have a play, I’ve got a muzzy head from a cold coming on 🙁
So to be kind to my poor head, I took a Stampin’ Up! design and just changed it around a little bit. This is the one I was looking at:
I want this one to go through the post with no extra stamps and so I dropped the bulk of the Boxwood Wreaths. It loses a bit for doing so and I kinda wished I’d taken time to centre the stripes in the paper, but for when I’m not feeling well, I don’t think it’s too bad?
The card base is an A6 portrait of Real Red, matted with Christmas Around the World DSP. Another pattern of the same paper pack was trimmed to a banner and adhered flat. Rather than sew, a Stitched Shapes square was die cut from Whisper White. The outline candles from Merry Patterns were stamped on it in Basic Black. Using Daffodil Delight ink, the flames were stamped over the top and then Real Red ink was used to stamp the candle patterns, stamping off first for the paler colour of the ones along the back. Old Olive ink was used to stamp a sentiment from the set at the base of the candles before popping the square up on the card front with dimensionals. A bow of Real Red Solid Ribbon was added with a Mini Glue Dot to finish.
On the Whisper White insert, the outline sentiment was stamped in Basic Black. Old Olive was used to overstamp the large lettering and Real Red ink, the follow-on lettering.
Off to nurse myself better.
Thanks for stopping by.
These are the supplies used on this project. If you live in the UK, Austria, France, Germany, or the Netherlands, then click on any product to shop online.