Another batch of swap cards

Creating the same card over 100 times for swaps at Convention can get a little repetitive after a time and so this year I made my swap cards in several batches and in a few colour variations. I’ve already shared my red and blue ornament cards. Here then, are my blue and pink penguin cards.

I used this same set for some of my swaps last year but the images are just so cute that I had to use them again. It was quite a different design though this year.

Recipe
Stamps: Polar Party (W122675 or C122677), Petite Pairs (W122495 or C122497)
Card: Island Indigo (124390), Pool Party (124391), Whisper White (106550)
Ink: Black Stazon (101406), Island Indigo (126986), SU Markers
Other: Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (120902), Mini Brads (122941), Holiday Ornaments Framelits (127816)
Tools: Big Shot (113439)

The card base is an A6 portrait card of Island Indigo. A mat of Pool Party had the large round ornament from the Holiday Ornament Framelits die cut from it in the lower right corner before running it though the Big Shot with the Northern Flurry Embossing folder. Using Island Indigo ink the sentiment from the Patite Pairs stamp set was stamped along the side of the mat. The little star cap penguin from the Polar Party set was stamped in Black Stazon ink onto Whisper White card and then coloured with markers. A Mini Brad was added for the bobble on his cap and then the stamped image was adhered behind the ornament aperture. These layers were then adhered directly and centrally to the card front.

Recipe
Stamps: Polar Party (W122675 or C122677), Petite Pairs (W122495 or C122497)
Card: Melon Mambo (119980), Pretty in Pink (106568), Whisper White (106550)
Ink: Black Stazon (101406), Melon Mambo (126948), SU Markers
Other: Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (120902), Mini Brads (122941), Holiday Ornaments Framelits (127816)
Tools: Big Shot (113439)

The pink card was made in exactly the same way as the blue card but switching colours and using the other little penguin image from the set.

I guess I must have made around 60-70 of these in total. There are lots of pink and blue round bauble die cuts left over and I’ve had an idea for those … I’ll share  it as soon as I’ve had time to try it out.

Meanwhile, I’ll be back soon to share more of the other swaps that I got in return.

Have a great weekend.

Sara xx

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Print
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • LinkedIn
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Yahoo! Buzz

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*